Contact information meaning: names, home addresses and telephone numbers. Are collected and used for the following purposes:
- To open and update patient files.
- To invoice patients for dental services, to process credit card payments, or to collect unpaid accounts.
- To process claims for payment or reimbursement. From third party health benefit providers and insurance companies on your behalf.
- To send reminders to patients concerning the need for continuing care treatment.
- To send a client information or correspondence related to our dental practice and services.
Health, Medical and Dental Information is collected, recorded and used. For the purpose of diagnosing dental conditions and providing dental treatment. This information remains the property of the dentist or practice. The patient has the right to view and request corrections to their health records at any time.
A patient’s Medical/ Dental information may be disclosed to the following:
- To a third party health benefit provider and insurance company. Where the patient has submitted a claim for reimbursement or payment. Of all or part of the cost of dental treatment or has asked us to submit a claim on their behalf.
- To other dentists and specialists. When the patient has consented to this professional consultation or referral.
In the following situations:
- Where we are seeking a second opinion.
- Are referring the patient for treatment.
- Have had the patient referred to our care.
- To other healthcare professionals, such as physicians or pharmacists. With the patient consent and when treatment or follow up is required by one of the following:
- referral, prescription, or consultation.
- To a professional dental lab or denturist when required. To fabricate prosthetics as outlined in the accepted treatment protocol.
- To a professional association (ie. Alberta Dental Association) as a part of its regulatory and audit procedures.
Please contact us at:
We are committed to the protection and appropriate use and disclosure of your information. We review our policies on a regular basis. Your feedback is always appreciated.
Your Millennium Dental team
– An Integrated Approach to Health and Dentistry –